- A continuous seizure state without full recovery between seizures.
- It can be convulsive or non-convulsive and can be a life threatening medical emergency.
- Two or more seizures occurring over a brief period of time (minutes to hours) but with the person regaining consciousness between the seizures.
Sudden Unexpected Death from Epilepsy (SUDEP)
- A person with epilepsy may die unexpectedly without apparent cause.
- The cause is unknown.
- It accounts for 12-15% of sudden deaths among people living with epilepsy.